For those of us lucky enough to live in Sunrise Corner, most would agree there’s no other place we’d rather be during this challenging time. With our incredible natural surroundings and wide-open spaces, social distancing seems easier than in more populated centres. Perhaps it feels like there’s a bit more freedom even while following the health orders to protect ourselves, our families and our communities. And there’s no shortage of indoor and outdoor activities that can help keep spirits high:
- Geocaching throughout Sunrise Corner. Learn how by visiting geocaching.com
- Planning your vegetable garden and outdoor projects – spring has arrived and greenhouses will be allowed to open soon.
- Baking with your kids to learn fractions
- Walking and birding on the Agassiz or Prairie Shore Interpretive Trails near Vita
- Reading online or on the phone with the children in your family you’ve been unable to visit
- Quadding down a trail enjoying the sights, sounds and smells of spring
- Printing out the #sunrisehopemb sun or drawing your own, decorating it with positive messages, and putting it in your window for all your neighbours to see (thanks to RM of Piney Councillor Melanie Parent for the great idea). You can download the sun here: Sunrise Hope Sun Download
HOW TO WIN: When you’re doing any of these activities (or countless others), take a photo or video and post it to your Facebook, Instagram or Twitter page. Say why you’re grateful to live in this beautiful area of the province and use the hashtag #sunrisehopemb. We’ll be doing two random weekly draws from all postings for a $25 gift card to local businesses. The first winners will be announced on our social media at 4 pm on Monday, May 4. Be sure to have your privacy settings set to ‘public’ so we can find your photos.
There’s so much to be thankful for in Sunrise Corner – let’s show it off!