Buffalo Point Development Corporation is seeking a motivated, experienced, organized, and dependable individual to fill the full-time position of Maintenance Manager. This position provides a vital link between our community leaders, members, residents and our organization’s staff and services.
The candidate must have a positive attitude, be punctual, and hold a valid class 5 license. You will need to be able to work in a busy work environment and multitask.
Our preferred candidate will be able to manage their time effectively, execute all assigned tasks to the highest quality and have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Responsible for the overall functioning of the maintenance shop program
- Responsible for all operations and maintenance of facilities of the First Nation’s property and its corporation’s facilities and properties on a daily, weekly, monthly, yearly, seasonal, and as needed basis
- Records all assets and keeps inventory of all parts, tools, equipment, etc. under a conditional rating template record on various data such as amount, part number, conditions, etc.
- Responsible for direct administration and management of the Maintenance Workshop program by providing work plans from year to year and outlining all the normal yearly maintenance plans required for managing the repairs required on all facilities, equipment, and machinery
- Responsible for reporting all matters to the First Nation’s Council and its Corporation
- Provide close communication to Council/Board representatives and senior managers
- To work on financial matters, from budget to expenses and communicate up-to-date status effectively with Council/Board
- To work as a team with other managers and be a part of the senior managers team to appraise everyone on the state of affairs on the maintenance conditions on all property, facilities, infrastructure, machinery, and other projects as needed
- To be mindful of the holistic approach to our tourism industry and resort area as a destination community
- To protect, secure, and enhance the First Nation’s financial situation whether it relates to profit, efficient accounting, its economic business sense, relations to tourism/hospitality, and to encourage the use of best business practices balanced with the public cost to provision of public services
- To distinguish between what is community cost and what is business cost (in relation to audits) and implement work orders in that regard
- To report to Council/Board regularly on the overall day to day operations of the program and to relay any concerns and/or recommendations on improvements on the operation of the maintenance program
- To provide Council/Board with statistical data collected from activity and provision of all services whether public or for our businesses
- Hire staff as required with Portfolio Councillor for all the maintenance needs
- Daily supervision of all staff and tasks performed and implements the most effective and efficient labour practices with staff
- Implement existing Human Resource Policy and practices on all staff.
- Ensures work safety is in accordance with Federal and Provincial standards or better
- Maintain excellent public relations with residents, visitors, and other staff regarding inquiries on services provided
- Other duties as assigned from time to time
- Degree in management, civil engineering, or similar and/or experience in maintenance type workplaces that would be equivalent pertaining to a Resort setting
- Any certification earned that can be considered an asset in managing this type of community service and/or public services operation and to serve the Corporation side of the community businesses
- Project management experience from start to finish
- Technical skills in various trades and services
- Excellent management skills pertaining to staff, programs, and projects
- A keen sense or knowledge about labour, equipment, industry costs, and ability to cost out projects
- Problem solving and troubleshooting experience is necessary
- Excellent communication skills
- Capacity to schedule tasks and activities effectively and efficiently
- Ability to use matrix scheduling (excel) on overall activities; monthly/yearly planning and to provide same to Council/Board
- Ability to budget and invoice all activity using work orders by all parties
- Must demonstrate attention to detail, organizational skills, and proven ability to deliver high quality maintenance and repairs
- Candidate needs to be able to work independently or as part of a team
- Ability for work inside and outside in varying weather conditions
- Ability to repeatedly lift, stand, bend, crouch, and carry up to seventy-five pounds
- Class 3 license would be considered an asset but not required
- Knowledge and/or certification for heavy equipment such as loader, backhoe, or grader would be considered an asset but not required
- Current WHMIS, First Aid Level 1, Chainsaw Operator, Powered Mobile Equipment Certification, and any other Certifications would also be an asset but are not required
- Remuneration is dependent on experience
- Position open until filled
- Forward your resume, including cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Maintenance Manager’ as the subject header.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those selected will be contacted for an interview.