Buffalo Point Conference Centre is home to the Fire & Water Bistro. We are seeking a motivated, experienced, organized, and dependable individual to fill a full-time and/or full-time seasonal position as a Line Cook.
The candidate must have a cheerful outlook, be punctual, and hold a valid class 5 license. You will need to be able to work in a hectic and busy environment and multitask.
Our preferred candidate will be able to manage their time effectively, execute all assigned tasks to the highest quality, and have excellent communication and people skills.
- Provide top-notch customer service by providing a memorable dining experience
- Set up stations according to restaurant guidelines; follow clean as you go requirements; responsible to execute daily, weekly, and monthly cleaning schedule
- Prepare all food items as directed in a sanitary and timely manner; serve food in the proper portion size and at the proper temperature; follows recipes, portion controls, and presentation specifications
- Knowledge of how to safely use and maintain all kitchen equipment at station
- Assist with the cleaning, sanitation, and organization of kitchen, walk-in coolers, and all storage areas
- Prepare dishes for customer with food allergies and or intolerances
- Work at an efficient and consistent pace; ensure timely preparation of all meals
- Ensure that food is prepared in sufficient quantities to meet daily needs; ensure that kitchen equipment is utilized during food prep; stay productive and prepare for future needs as time allows
- Adhere to all regulations including blood borne pathogens, infection control, use of hazardous materials and fire safety; follow proper reporting procedures for accidents and incidents to ensure follow-up and prevention
- Lead by example; arrive on time; maintain cheerful outlook while on shift; have a willingness to learn
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 1 year cooking experience in a commercial kitchen environment; passion for cooking
- Physically capable of lifting and carrying heavy items and standing for extended periods of time
- Able to work under pressure, produce results, manage multiple tasks at once
- Be a team player and able to work in close conditions with other people
- Manual dexterity required to use knives and kitchen appliances, attention to detail
- Able to work quickly with minimal supervision; available to work various shifts including weekends
- Understand, adhere to, and enforce Corporate Policies and Procedures, Confidentiality Guidelines, Emergency Procedures, and Health and Safety Standards for all participants, guests, and staff
- Current WHMIS, Food Handler’s and First Aid Level 1 Certification would be an asset or willing to attain
- Remuneration is dependent on experience
- Position open until filled
- Forward your resume, including cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Line Cook’ as the subject line
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those selected will be contacted for an interview.