Buffalo Point Development Corporation is seeking a motivated, experienced, organized, and reliable individual(s) to fill the position of a Seasonal Labourer(s). This position provides a vital service to community leaders, members, residents, and staff.
The candidate must have a positive attitude, be punctual, and hold a valid class 5 license. You will need to be able to work in a busy work environment and multitask.
Our preferred candidate will be able to manage their time effectively, execute all assigned tasks to the highest quality and have effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- The Seasonal Labourer is responsible for providing a positive attitude, reliability, and quality workmanship
- Assist in the maintenance of a wide variety of buildings, roads, parking lots, parks, walkways, beaches, and common areas
- Assist in general community maintenance and repairs
- Assist with clean up and maintenance of equipment
- Operation of hand tools including chain saws, lawn mowers, trimmers etc.
- Maintenance and cleaning of hand tools and other equipment
- Assist with landscape maintenance
- Mowing/Pruning/Mulching/Edging/Weeding/ Watering/Fertilizing/ Planting/Removing/Pest Control
- Garbage and recycling pickup
- Other duties as assigned by the Maintenance Manager
- 1 to 3 years experience working as a labourer in residential and commercial industries
- Attention to detail; willingness to learn new skills; mechanical aptitude
- Willingness to train
- Maintain a safe working environment, skilled in the use of hardware and hand tools
- Ability for work inside and outside in varying weather conditions
- Physically fit to safely lift, stand, bend, crouch, and carry up to 75 pounds
- Candidate needs to be able to work independently or as part of a team
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Clear and concise communication skills
- Class 3 license would be considered an asset but not required
- Current WHMIS, First Aid Level 1, Chainsaw Operator, Powered Mobile Equipment Certification, and any other certifications would be an asset but are not required
- Remuneration is dependent on experience
- Position open until filled
- Forward your resume, including cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Seasonal Labourer’ as the subject header.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those selected, will be contacted for an interview.