Buffalo Point First Nation Health & Wellness is seeking a part-time Home Care Attendant for a 6 – 12-month term position.
Working under the supervision of the Home and Community Care Case Nurse Coordinator, the Home Care Attendant functions as a member of the Home Care team and is responsible to provide paraprofessional home health care services (e.g. personal care, activities of daily living, home support and respite assistance) to frail, physically disabled and/or mentally challenged individuals residing in their own home.
All services are based on assessed client need and identified on an established plan of care. The position functions in a manner that is consistent with the mission, vision, values, and policies of Buffalo Point First Nation Health & Wellness.
- Home Care Attendant/ Health Care Aide / Nursing Assistant Certificate from a recognized educational institution preferred. Other combinations of suitable education and experience may be considered. Training will be provided, as necessary.
- Previous experience working with the elderly or disabled in a community setting considered an asset e.g. community or home care setting.
- Knowledge of Safe Food Handling.
- First Aid and CPR considered an asset.
- Ability to respect and promote a culturally diverse population. Knowledge of indigenous heritage, culture, customs, and language considered an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Demonstrated ability to apply organizational, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to respect confidentiality including paper, electronic and other mediums,
- Excellent work and attendance record.
- Good physical and mental health to meet position demands.
- Valid Manitoba Class 5 Driver’s license, and an all-purpose insured vehicle with a minimum of $1,000,000.00 liability insurance required.
- Satisfactory child & adult abuse registry checks, criminal record check and vulnerable persons’ search.
- Ability to accommodate flexible work hours including occasional evenings and weekends.
- Competitive Salary based on qualifications and experience.
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Childcare and affordable living accommodations (subject to availability).
- Open until position filled.
- Forward your resume, including cover letter to email@example.com with ‘Part-Time Home Care Attendant’ as the subject header.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected, will be contacted for an interview.