Buffalo Point First Nation Health is accepting applications for a Childcare Assistant.
The role of the Childcare Assistant is to work as part of our team to provide a caring, safe, nurturing environment and engage in and create age-appropriate activities for children.
The Childcare Assistant works under the supervision of the Director of Abinoogee Ogamic / Children’s House.
- Do you have a genuine interest in working with children?
- Do you believe that every child has potential?
- Are you self-motivated, able to work independently and as part of a team?
- Willing to plan and participate in children’s activities?
- Capable of maintaining a clean and safe daycare environment?
- Open to valuable on the job training and mentorship?
- Possess strong communication and interpersonal skills?
- Are you flexible and able to adapt to different situations?
- Grade 12 High School Diploma with related work experience
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the job including bending, sitting on the floor, and lifting
- Knowledge of Ojibway culture, traditions and language considered an asset
- Will be required to complete and pass Criminal Record Check and Child Abuse Registry Check & First Aid
- Required to have a valid Province of Manitoba Class 5 Drivers License
- Availability between the hours of 7:30 am to 5:30 pm Monday – Friday. On occasion, flexibility is required to assist with events or staff absences.
- Open until position filled
How to Apply:
- Forward your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Childcare Assistant” as the subject.
- Please specify full-time/part-time.
We thank all candidates for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.