Childcare Assistant (Term Position)
Abinoogee Ogamic – Children’s House
Buffalo Point First Nation Health is accepting applications for a term Childcare Assistant position. The role of the Childcare Assistant is to work as part of our team to provide a caring, safe, nurturing environment and engage in and create age-appropriate activities for children. The Childcare Assistant works under the supervision of the Director of Abinoogee Ogamic / Children’s House.
• Do you have a genuine interest in working with children?
• Do you believe that every child has potential?
• Are you self-motivated, able to work independently and as part of a team?
• Willing to plan and participate in children’s activities?
• Capable of maintaining a clean and safe daycare environment?
• Open to valuable on the job training and mentorship?
• Possess strong communication and interpersonal skills?
• Are you flexible and able to adapt to different situations?
• Grade 12 High School Diploma with related work experience
• Ability to meet the physical demands of the job including bending, sitting on the floor, and lifting
• Knowledge of Ojibway culture, traditions and language considered an asset
• Will be required to complete and pass Criminal Record Check and Child Abuse Registry Check & First Aid
• Required to have a valid Province of Manitoba Class 5 Drivers License
• Availability between the hours of 7:30 am to 5:30 pm Monday – Friday. On occasion, flexibility is required to assist with events or staff absences.
• Open until position filled
How to Apply:
• Forward your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Childcare Assistant” as the subject.
We thank all candidates for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.