Lake of the Sandhills Golf Course is seeking a motivated, experienced, organized, and dependable individual to fill a position of Assistant Superintendent.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Assistant Superintendent or someone looking to move into that position for the first time.
Lake of the sandhills golf course is an 18-hole golf course located in Buffalo Point MB.
As part of a year-round resort, Lake of the Sandhills is located on Lake of the Woods and offers the lake and resort lifestyle with many activities to enjoy.
As the Assistant Superintendent, you will be reporting to the Golf Course Superintendent and will be responsible for managing all aspects of the golf course property, and surrounding areas.
The candidate(s) must have a cheerful and positive outlook and be motivated. You will need to be able to work in a busy work environment and multitask.
Our preferred candidate(s) will be able to manage their time effectively, execute all assigned tasks to the highest quality, and have effective communication and people skills.
This is a working supervisor position, and the candidate must be able to perform all activities in the maintenance and development of the golf course.
- Provide all golfers with an excellent quality golf course by continuously improving our course/grounds and maintenance practices throughout the season
- Schedule, plan, organize, and coordinate all golf course maintenance and improvements
- Implement turf management programs through accurate and acceptable applications with close monitoring and documentation
- Make recommendations to the Golf Course Superintendent on the daily condition of the golf course
- You will be responsible for operations and maintenance of equipment, buildings, and property
- Operation and maintenance of irrigation system; monitor and adjust operational plan
- Monitor operational and capital budgets and make recommendations to the Superintendent
- Provide staff training and supervision; make sure safe operations are met by staff
- Assist with the development and implementation of operational budget and 5-year capital plan
- A degree or diploma in Turfgrass Management or comparable education
- Manitoba Pesticide Applicators Licence or ability to obtain one
- Valid Manitoba Driver’s License
- Ability to calculate calibration rates, proportions, percentages, and volume
- Previous experience in operation and maintenance of golf course equipment including the ability to check mowing equipment for quality and height of cut
- Ability to maintain and repair irrigation equipment as well as other golf course equipment
- Approach responsibilities in an organized and energetic manner
- Ability to work in varying weather conditions
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Able to work various shifts including weekends
- Current WHMIS, First Aid Level 1, Chainsaw Operator, and Powered Mobile Equipment Certification certifications would be considered an asset
- This is a full-time seasonal position with the potential to become full-time year-round, offering a competitive wage, health benefits, golf privileges, and professional development
- Professional conferences and educational opportunities available
- Open until position filled
- Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume via email including cover letter to email@example.com with ‘Assistant Golf Course Superintendent’ as the subject header
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected, will be contacted for an interview.