June 2021 Economic Development Update:
Sunrise Corner recognizes the volunteers who work tirelessly to fundraise and maintain their community buildings. These community halls and related facilities like skating rinks, pools, tennis courts and curling arenas are truly the social heart of each community. And we know how difficult it has been these past 15+ months to host events, hold fundraising drives, and sometimes even do maintenance.
As I write this article, we’re in yet another difficult lockdown. However, we also see that more than 50% of Manitobans have received at least one vaccine shot. We definitely see the light at the end of the tunnel. And we want to help community groups move ahead toward a strong reopening.
What Sunrise Corner is doing
- We are planning website blogs and social media content to include the status of community events. Send us an email to let us know what you’re planning and we’ll start promotion, even if it’s tentative.
- We’re meeting with community groups to brainstorm ideas (virtually or socially distanced, inside or outside). Are there activities you’d like to add to your event or do things a little differently this year? Perhaps you have an idea for an entirely new event or attraction? Drop me a line to reserve your meeting time.
- We are adding a new resource to our website to profile community venues with their capacities, amenities and rental details to help increase rental revenue for community groups. It won’t be long before venues will be open to rent for all kinds of meetings and events – everything from an annual general meeting, executive retreat, employee appreciation event or town hall, to family reunions, socials, weddings or milestone birthday parties.
What community groups can do
- Email your upcoming event details to email@example.com.
- When you get our call, please invest a few minutes to answer questions about your venue.
- Like and share all local events on social media to help get the word out as we start to reopen.
Looking forward to better days ahead – full of the welcoming community spirit we’re known for in Sunrise Corner.