Appropriate housing in Sunrise Corner is key to retaining our current residents and allowing growth to attract new residents.
In addition to tourism and economic development, Sunrise Corner is working towards community-driven solutions for bigger picture issues like housing options for seniors and families, as well as temporary workers and tourists.
There are so many benefits to increasing the housing stock in the region:
- Seniors are able to age in place
- Multi-generational families can live nearby and support each other
- Affordable rental housing is available for young families
- Increased tourism spending with campgrounds, seasonal RV parks, hotels and vacation rentals
- Economic spin-off from term, temporary or seasonal workers living in region rather than commuting
Our housing efforts focus on making better use of limited housing in our region and seeking strategic investment or partnerships in areas where new housing development is required. If you’re a builder or developer looking to expand into a progressive region, we would welcome a call.
Reach out to learn how we can support you. firstname.lastname@example.org