EASTMAN TOURISM EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
ORGANIZATION: Eastern Manitoba Tourism Association
POSITION: Full time 120-160 hours per month. Ideal start date June 2023
Presently the home office is in Eastern Manitoba with regional travel, some distance travel with occasional overnights. Ideally the candidate should live within the ETA region. Full-time in-home office work environment.
The ED provides overall leadership to the operations of the ETA, develops and delivers tactical and strategic plans, programs and services in the best interests of the tourism stakeholders within the Eastern region.
The ED must have a solid understanding of issues faced by the organization and the tourism industry and be able to build lasting relationships with key stakeholders, including Travel Manitoba.
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
- Board of Directors
- ETA members
- Local, regional and provincial tourism operators and organizations including Travel Manitoba
- Committees, Task Forces, Working Groups and Councils
- Direct Reports
- Other organizations and funding agencies
Reporting to the Board of Directors, you will:
- Lead the implementation of strategic plans aligned with the vision, mission and guiding principles
- Provide leadership in developing program, organizational and financial plans, while being accountable for the operational results of ETA, annual budgets, office administration and small staff
- Manage, in an accurate and timely manner, financial, statistical and accounting records of the organization, and maintain or establish new policies and controls related to operational and human resource management.
- Work closely with the Board as a trusted advisor and liaison to make organizational decisions, mitigate operations risks and develop HR policy.
- Manage human resources needs including recruiting, supervision and performance management of staff.
- Oversee the development, management and measurement of all programs and activities, reporting to the Board on a monthly basis and annually to Travel Manitoba.
- Inform the Board of emerging opportunities, trends, risks and liabilities to ensure effective decision making, long-tern planning and resource allocation by committees, advisory bodies and task forces.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, partners and other collaborators that align with the organization’s objectives and have the region’s operators’ best interest in mind
- Oversee contract negotiations with vendors, third-party professionals and ensure operational compliance to government legislation, regulation and guidelines as non-profit corporation.
Your background includes:
- An undergraduate degree with a focus on Business, Marketing and/or Tourism/Hospitality management.
- 5+ years of progressive management and government relations experience within the private, public and /or non-profit sectors, combined with an understanding of the tourism industry and its entrepreneurial drivers.
- A broad network of contacts within various business communities, public agencies and academic institutions with experience partnering with municipal, provincial and/or federal government.
- A proven capacity to collaboratively develop and advance strategic initiatives with a Board of Directors, and a good understanding of governance best-practices, budget preparation and relationship management.
- Experience in business administration, fiscal management, organizational leadership and staff development.
- Excellent oral and written communication abilities, presentation skills and experience with media relations and public relations.
Travel is required with occasional overnight travel.
Eastman Tourism is committed to creating and maintaining a workplace that is welcoming, inclusive, and barrier-free. Accommodations in accordance with the Human Rights Code and other applicable legislation is available throughout all stages of the recruitment process. For accommodation during the application process, applicants are requested to make their needs known via email.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send your resume/CV to:
Angela A Smook
Chair, Eastman Tourism Association Board of Directors
You may also send email inquiries to this email address.