The Vita Community Child Care Centre is now accepting applications for the position of Director.
Closing Date: April 30, 2023
Hours: Permanent- Full Time
Salary: Dependent on qualifications. A comprehensive benefits package is also available.
Description: The Centre Director is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the Vita Community Child Care Centre Inc. This includes, planning and implementing early childhood education programming and leading children in activities using all areas of development. The director is responsible for ensuring licensing requirements are met at all times, provide supervision, leadership and support to the centre caregivers. This position will report to the Board of Directors monthly.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Early Childhood Education Diploma – Level III in Management or equivalent combination of childcare and managerial experience
- Previous experience working with children in a child care centre setting
- Extensive and up to date knowledge of licensing regulations
- Knowledge of The Manitoba Employment Standards Act and Workplace Health and Safety Act
- Demonstrated leadership and supervisory skills with excellent listening, coaching, training and motivating skills
- Strong problem solving, decision making and critical thinking skills
- Strong work ethic with superior organizational and time management skills
- Ability to communicate well in both written and oral English
- Computer literacy (including Microsoft Office applications)
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information (both seen and heard)
- Current CPR training and First Aid Certificate
- Clear child abuse record check
- Clear criminal record check
- Must be in good health and fit to work in a child care centre
Please submit resume and cover letter via email: Attention Kyah Maxymowich, VCCCC President email@example.com We thank all applicants, however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.