Sunrise Corner Tourism is the destination marketing organization (DMO) for the Rural Municipalities of Piney and Stuartburn.
From the Tall Grass Prairie Preserve to Sandilands Provincial Forest, Sunrise Corner offers rich culture and history, unique events and festivals, and stunning immersive nature.
What Sunrise Corner is working on
Tourism is where Sunrise Corner started and it will continue to be a priority going forward. Our goal is to promote our existing incredible natural destinations, cultural landmarks and community events. We also plan to create five new tourism products over the next five years.
- Ongoing social media and website promotion of local natural areas, attractions and events along with tips for enjoying them safely using hashtags #sunrisecornermb and #natureshinesmb.
- Partnering with Nature Conservancy of Canada to develop eco-tourism opportunities in the region, home to the unique Tall-Grass Prairie ecosystem which supports many species at risk.
- Creating a detailed inventory of all area tourism operators, community groups and their events, and non-profits like museums to effectively market everything our area has to offer.
- Partnering with Eastman Tourism and Travel Manitoba to promote our area for exploring locally now and to welcome visitors from afar when it is safe to do so.
What you can do
Creating a thriving community is about each of us as residents doing what we can to support the promotion of our area. Tourists can support our efforts, too!
- If you’re on social media, like and follow Sunrise Corner Tourism on Facebook, Instagram and YouTube. Like the posts (and if you love them and comment, even better). Share posts with your friends and invite them to like the page. The more people see what our area has to offer, the more visitors we’ll get.
- Plan a day trip with family or friends to a Sunrise Corner attraction you haven’t visited yet.
- Support fundraising efforts of community groups, whether it’s a drive through supper event, 50/50 draw or gift card promotion. These groups depend on fundraising to keep community facilities and events operating.
- If you’re a tourism operator in the Sunrise Corner region (or want to be), we’d love to hear from you. Whether it’s a restaurant or retail store, campground or bed & breakfast, museum or tour activity, we want to learn more about your plans and how we can promote your business or help you launch something new.
Reach out to learn how we can support you at email@example.com.