Sunrise Corner is encouraging new ways to provide housing for seniors and families as well as accommodations for tourists and temporary workers.
There are so many benefits to increasing the housing stock in our region.
- Seniors are able to age in place
- Multi-generational families can live near each other
- Affordable rental housing is available for young families
- Increased tourism spending with campgrounds, seasonal RV parks, hotels and vacation rentals
- Economic spin-off from term, temporary or seasonal workers living in region rather than commuting
What Sunrise Corner is working on
Our housing efforts focus on making better use of limited housing in our region and seeking strategic investment or partnerships in areas where new housing development is required.
- Initiating discussions with experienced developers to generate interest in working in the region – whether it’s homes for sale or rent.
- Meeting with entrepreneurs to support their plans to develop seasonal camping opportunities and unique accommodations that take advantage of our amazing natural areas.
- Serving in an advisory role to Southeast Community Services Co-op, formed to provide a new seniors housing option in the region.
What you can do
It will take all of us working together to make progress when it comes to providing the variety of housing options to accommodate everyone who wants to live in this region.
- If you’re a builder or developer looking to expand geographically, we would welcome a discussion on how easy and cost effective it can be to work here.
- Maybe you’ve been dreaming of opening a bed & breakfast, posting your home as a vacation rental, or developing a campground. If so, give us a call.
- Support East Borderland Community Housing fundraising initiatives, like book sales, to provide additional housing in the region for our seniors and vulnerable residents.
Reach out to learn how we can support you at email@example.com.