Be Wildlife Smart!
Sunrise Corner is abundant in wildlife such as Black Bears, wolves, coyotes, snapping turtles, birds of prey, racoons and more! Be wildlife smart this summer by following our wildlife guide:
1. Don’t corner or provoke. Wild animals will generally avoid humans if they aren’t provoked or cornered.
2. Talk, sing, and make noise when you walk through bear country. This makes them aware you’re coming so they can avoid you.
3. Walk, don’t run! Walk slowly away if faced by a wild animal.
4. When camping, don’t leave food in your tent. Instead, keep it in a vehicle or hang it high from a tree branch.
5. Don’t leave children unattended! There have been lots of bear sightings in Sunrise Corner. Stay safe and watch your kids.
6. Don’t try to touch, hold or interact with baby animals in the wild. This can cause the mother animal to reject her young.
7. Be calm. We share this area with the wildlife and can cohabitate peacefully.